enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #196768]: Can't share a drive with a windows computer on the network

Question #196768 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/196768

John Zimmer gave more information on the question:
On 05/10/2012 12:00 PM, actionparsnip wrote:
> Your question #196768 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/196768

> actionparsnip requested more information:
> You are sharing the partition on the drive, not the drive itself.
>
> If you run:
>
> smbtree; lsb_release -a; uname -a; dpkg -l | grep samba
>
> What is output ?

Thought I was in term, not!  This is the output:
john@ubuntu:~$ smbtree; lsb_release -a; uname -a; dpkg -l | grep samba
Enter john's password:
MYGROUP
     \\UBUNTU                 ubuntu server (Samba, Ubuntu)
         \\UBUNTU\Eastman-Kodak-Company-KODAK-ESP-Office-2150-Series
Eastman Kodak Company KODAK ESP Office 2150 Series
         \\UBUNTU\IPC$               IPC Service (ubuntu server (Samba,
Ubuntu))
         \\UBUNTU\Public
KODAKAIO
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    12.04
Codename:    precise
Linux ubuntu 3.2.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 25 08:43:22 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
ii  samba
2:3.6.3-2ubuntu2.1                      SMB/CIFS file, print, and login
server for Unix
ii  samba-common
2:3.6.3-2ubuntu2.1                      common files used by both the
Samba server and client
ii  samba-common-bin
2:3.6.3-2ubuntu2.1                      common files used by both the
Samba server and client
ii  samba-doc
2:3.6.3-2ubuntu2.1                      Samba documentation
ii  samba-doc-pdf
2:3.6.3-2ubuntu2.1                      Samba documentation in PDF format
ii  system-config-samba
1.2.63-0ubuntu5                         GUI for managing samba shares
and users
john@ubuntu:~$

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.