enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #197404]: Unable to install samba4 to share resources among my network!! :(

Question #197404 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/197404

Simon Michelini gave more information on the question:
I removed samba4 using the command that you provided, and I am still
getting the same message:

Failed to retrieve share list from server

I don't remember exactly why I installed samba4, other than that
something made me think that installing it might allow me to share
folders across my network.

Thanks for your response.  Do you have any ideas of why this might be
happening, and how I might go about resolving it?

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.