enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #198022]: 12.04 better- but Samba networking not there yet

Question #198022 on Ubuntu changed:

Summary changed to:
12.04 better- but Samba networking not there yet

Description changed to:
12.04 "sees" my home network and I can actually go to the files
(occassionally)...but I can not move them or copy them or create folders
between my windows network files  It seems like unlimited messages
appear.

Cant copy, write protected, no permission, can not create, file doe not
exist, smb does not support protocol and on and on.

When I see my files on "readyshare" (hard drive usb'ed to my router) why
can't I copy those files to my windows network...?

Smb does not work. Dolphin a bit better but also does NOT work.....!

With the windows machines on the same network files are created, deleted
and go back and forth easily everytime!

thanks

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.