enterprise-support team mailing list archive

[Question #198051]: Samba vs Unix permissions

New question #198051 on samba in Ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/198051

Hi, this is my first question. Am working on a LAN with debian squeeze server and ubuntu 11.10 clients. I installed samba, ldap and smbldap on the server. I configured client and server to permit the login and the user's home directory mounting from the server on the client. The problem is, once the user is logged on the client and the user's home is locally mounted, i haven't any permission to create files in this dir. Checking the dir and dir-content permissions are the same of the server but form the client i can't do nothing. Using root client's user also, "Permission denied".
On debian channel told me that samba doesn't support unix permissions or told me that should be possible, but the problem is still not solved. After  Could you help me? Thanks

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.