enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #201862]: Zyxel NAS only reachable via IP address

Question #201862 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/201862

Glasairman is still having a problem:
Thanks,  Jeet, but the /etc/hosts entry  did'nt improve the situation.
Strangely,  I can "see" the device registered in  the router as
"NSA-220",  but it cannot be pinged; other registered devices that are
not in /etc/hosts and can be pinged by name, only my Zyxel is not
recognisable by its name. Strange

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

David Walker
Jahnstr.64
D-82538 Geretsried

Tel. +49.(0)8171/238 5010
Mob. +49.(0)173/576 9584
Skype Glasairman

"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.