enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #201862]: Zyxel NAS only reachable via IP address

Question #201862 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/201862

Glasairman gave more information on the question:
Problem now solved.

Although my Zyxel was defined as  "NSA-220" in the server name field, it
registered itself as NAS-220 with the Router (found the different name
in the router device list), so it looks like a bug in the new firmware
from Zyxel that I installed recently.

Also I set wins server = 192.168.1.1 to point to the router as WINS
server

/etc/resolv.conf shows however that the change doesn't seem to have
taken effect, returns

cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.0.1
search Speedport_W723_V_Typ_A_1_00_092

Thanks for all the suggestions

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

David Walker
Jahnstr.64
D-82538 Geretsried

Tel. +49.(0)8171/238 5010
Mob. +49.(0)173/576 9584
Skype Glasairman

"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.