enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #202673]: Samba4 won't install properly

Question #202673 on samba4 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba4/+question/202673

Hollywoodpete confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks for your interest in my problem. I finally have it up and
running.

I was using sudo apt-get install samba on the terminal. The terminal
would then suggest installing samba4. I used sudo apt-get install  smbd
and everything was relatively ok. I still had trouble sharing folders
but so far it seems to be working if I use
"smb://computername.local/filename

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba4
in Ubuntu.