enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #212105]: Ubuntu 12.10 - Unable to mount network drive

Question #212105 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/212105

Paul Hunt gave more information on the question:
Hello Andrew,

Some more information:

I've discovered where the shared volumes get mounted by the GUI:

/run/user/paul/gvfs

It took a bit of finding.

The shared volumes appear in that directory as follows:

smb-share:server=192.168.1.9,share=paul

Note that I attached using the IP address because although using the
name STORAGE works, using the IP address appears to be more reliable.

I've written a script that runs at start-up to mount the shared volumes.
The script is along these lines:

cd /run/user/paul/gvfs
gvfs-mount smb://192.168.1.9/Paul

That's more-or-less the problem sorted out but it all seems messy to me.
I'd rather be able to mount the shared volumes where I want them with
names that I like.

If you can suggest something neater I'd be very interested. I'm sure
that the above is not the best way of going about things.

Regards,

Paul.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.