enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #213037]: PCI Compliance -> Version Numbers

Question #213037 on apache2 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/213037

d1gital is still having a problem:
Actionparnsnip: That repository doesn't look like a proper solution.
"You are about to add the following PPA to your system:
 Straight port of debian package, THIS WILL CAUSE API ISSUES WITH APACHE 2.2, so no modules or anything will work if you use this. I will not maintain this, and only updated it as bordom overcomes me."

^That doesn't sound like something I want to trust on a production
server.

The information you requested is this:
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	12.04
Codename:	precise
Linux ip-10-0-0-188 3.2.0-32-virtual #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 26 21:53:42 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

However, the latest apache version in any of the repos, including
raring, is 2.2.22, so I don't think it matters which version I'm
running.  I'd gladly upgrade if it meant a PCI-compliant server.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for
apache2 in Ubuntu.