enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #212865]: winbind remote users make session end prematurely in ubuntu 12.04 and ubuntu 12.10

Question #212865 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/212865

piviul gave more information on the question:
I have observed that when remote (domain) users logon successfully in
tty, console or ssh, the prompt is not set according to the rules
inserted in /etc/profile but there is only a $... or better is set in
accord to /etc/profile but the variable $BASH is set to /bin/sh instead
of /bin/bash even if the $SHELL variable is set to /bin/bash and in
smb.conf the template shell parameter is set to /bin/bash.

Furthermore I've found the same problem in a toshiba ultrabook portege
Z830-10F (with ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10) and on a old acer aspire 2000
series where I have installed debian testing (wheezy). But the bug
doesn't arise in various netbook I have installed (acer, asus, hp,
samsung...)

...that's all.

:(( Piviul

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.