enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #215978]: Code not working when copied to Ubuntu server

Question #215978 on Ubuntu changed:

Description changed to:
I am working on a Windows environment running WAMP.

I have developed a simple contacts app which is working 100% on WAMP.

I created the database in Ubuntu 12.01.  I created the directory
structure the same in Ubuntu as it is in WAMP e.g. in the root web
folder I created "contacts" and in contacts I created "includes",
"functions" and "classes".

So when I require a file that lives in the includes folder in a file
that lives in the classes folder I code it as: require_one
'../classes/myclassfile.php';

I then have in my index.php file require_once 'classes/myclassfile.php';

On the WAMP server it is work, but when I copy it accross to Ubuntu it
does not.  Any reason why please.  And also how can I fix this issue
please?

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for
apache2 in Ubuntu.