enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #216550]: How can I avoid on Ubuntu "To access data file d on data location nb-win2000 a password is required "

Question #216550 on samba in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/216550

Werner Röhrkasten is still having a problem:
Hello Andrew,

your answer assumes, the reaction of ubuntu for getting contact to the
data folder d on the client must be by writing in  username and
password.  Windows for instance does not ask for both in the same case.
My idea was via programming smb.conf to avoid the label with question
for username and password after opening the requested data folder d.

I did your recommendation "sudo smbpasswd -a $werner", got two times a
request for a password. But I got no through connection to the data file
in the folder by using username "werner" and password.

Regards, Werner

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.