enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #225597]: Is Samba needed

Question #225597 on Ubuntu changed:

Description changed to:
Hi, I had occasion to 'gksudo nemo' in 'mint 14 Cinnamon' just to add
some wallpapers I had in another directory, anyway during the process I
had a warning.

'Initializing nemo-dropbox 0.7.1
Nemo-Share-Message: Called "net usershare info" but it failed: 'net usershare' returned error 255: info_fn: file /var/lib/samba/usershares/box2dv2 is not a well formed usershare file.
info_fn: Error was Path is not a directory.'

So the question is, since I am standalone and not networking with any
windows machines can I ignore this warning?

Or; does Dropbox, which works fine, qualify as requiring a share?

To be honest the whole Samba shares thing is a confusion I would prefer
not to have to deal with.

 Any suggestions

Many thanks

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.