enterprise-support team mailing list archive

[Question #235409]: remove samba4 and associated files

New question #235409 on samba4 in Ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba4/+question/235409

Hello,
I am new to Ubuntu Linux.

I was looking at how to share documents on the Linux computer with a WIN7 desktop. Sharing WIN7 to Linux is fairly straightforward, but I was getting stuck on the other way round. I found out that I needed SAMBA on the Linux machine and installed (Sudo apt-get install samba4) Samba, but came up with errors during the install. I want to remove Samba4 entirely and have tried "remove" and "purge", and possibly try again.

The main Samba4 file is removed, but approximately 26 other files installed at the same time are still there. As these files all have the same installation time and date as the main Samba file, can these safely be removed?  If so, do these all have to be removed one by one using apt-get remove or is there an easier way? Some of the files refer to Python e.g. Python -ldb (1.1.6-1,automatic). As Ubuntu rescued me from a crashed Vista PC, I don't really want to mess it up.

Thanks for any help

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba4
in Ubuntu.