enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #235409]: remove samba4 and associated files

Question #235409 on samba4 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba4/+question/235409

Philip Slater gave more information on the question:
Hello Actionparsnip,
Thank you for at least replying, but not very helpful so far.
As I explained, I am very new to Linux.
When I checked if samba was installed, Terminal notified me that it was not and suggested sudo apt-get install samba4, which answers your first question.
I have no idea what nautilus is - yet - and as for  "let me IS install what is needed rather than attempting to guess?", I'm afraid I don't know what you asking.
I had rather hoped that the Ubuntu forum might be a little more tolerant of novices, but you must have started once??

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba4
in Ubuntu.