enterprise-support team mailing list archive

[Question #239770]: Lost access to windows Home Group network

New question #239770 on samba in Ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+question/239770

I see windows network by default in my folder. I was copying a huge file 500MB and it was taking too long, so I canceled it. Even cancelling was too long so I forcefully turned off the machine. I got the message saying that Nautilus was busy and that if I was sure that I wanted to shut down... When I turned the machine back on, it cannot access the windows network anymore. I want to get that back. Please help!!! I am using ubuntu 12.10.

I think the network service was interrupted and stopped somehow and it didn't want to start again or something. BTW, where are the services in ubuntu that I can see?

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for samba
in Ubuntu.