enterprise-support team mailing list archive

[Question #259165]: Trying to locate the Apache mod_imagemap module, which appears to have been removed from Trusty

New question #259165 on apache2 in Ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/259165

I'm trying to determine what happened to the mod_imagemap Apache module in Trusty.  In previous releases, it was included with the apache-2.2-bin package. Under Trusty and Apache 2.4, it no longer seems to be included anywhere.

When trying to enable the module under Trusty, the result is the module does not exist:
# a2enmod imagemap
ERROR: Module imagemap does not exist!

The module file in previous releases was "mod_imagemap.so".  Searching with apt-cache or on packages.ubuntu.com turns up nothing under Trusty.

Ironically, the a2enmod man page uses imagemap as the example for enabling an Apache module.

The module is still listed on the Apache web site under the 2.4 documentation:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_imagemap.html

I'm trying to determine whether it was removed intentionally from Trusty, or whether this was an oversight.

Thanks.

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for
apache2 in Ubuntu.