enterprise-support team mailing list archive

[Question #267834]: Fresh 14.04, Apache not boradcasting to my public IP

New question #267834 on apache2 in Ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/267834

I am a web developer and I want to give severing a try. I'm a beginner-intermediate when it comes to linux.

I set up a (L)AMP stack on windows through a software called "WAMP". After forwarding my local IP, and a few clicks later, I had a website broadcasting via my public IP.

Now I want to do it the fun way, so bought myself an old $25 C2Duo computer. Installed a fresh copy of 14.04 ubuntu server, selecting OpenSSH in the installation and installing apache2 via command line after I had logged in - "sudo apt-get install apache2".

That's the ONLY thing I have done to this computer.  I have forwarded the port on the router.

I can browse the start up page from localhost, and by visiting the server's local IP from another computer, but I can not browse the site via my public IP address.

Are there more settings I need to change? I had the exact same problem on my test ubuntu server.
Thanks

Ubuntu Server/Client Support Team, which is an answer contact for
apache2 in Ubuntu.