enterprise-support team mailing list archive

[Question #699725]: Is this version locked at 2.4.41 or are there plans to upgrade to a newer version eventually?

New question #699725 on apache2 in Ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/699725

Hi there,

(Sorry if this is asked plenty of times elsewhere but I've checked Stack and various forums and not had any luck.)

I'm aware that apache2 2.4.* has been a rocky ride recently but are there plans to update to a newer release of apache 2.4 or is it locked at 2.4.41 for the duration  of 20.04's LTS release cycle?

I ask because 2.4.41 fails PCI scans by ASVs and the 'mitigation' for it right now is to mask the version on servers being scanned by the ASV. This is good practice for a production server but development servers are nice to run with the version available because the PCI scans are a nice alert system!

Regards,
connrs

--
You received this question notification because your team Ubuntu
Server/Client Support Team is an answer contact for apache2 in Ubuntu.