enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #699776]: apache2 won't start due to syntax error in config file

Question #699776 on apache2 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/699776

apsaras confirmed that the question is solved:
Manfred:
Thanks, but these produced the same error messages.

actionparsnip:
The 'mv' command didn't add anything new (I already did rm -r /etc/apache2) but rebooting fixed the problem!

My computer had been up for 140 days. Is it possible some package update
during this time messed with mod_alias in a way that required a reboot?
I wonder if there is a way to make this work better so other people
aren't caught out like this (better error messages, or better updates?).

To both of you: thank you very much for all the help - very kind of you.

--
You received this question notification because your team Ubuntu
Server/Client Support Team is an answer contact for apache2 in Ubuntu.