enterprise-support team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #708558]: link in default index.html should be HTTPS

Question #708558 on apache2 in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+question/708558

Chris Murray confirmed that the question is solved:
THanks for the advice @m-hampl, I'll get a bug report raised :)

Re your remarks:
1: I don't replace it, but I use a new vhost for each site, leaving the default page there as a quick way to test (either manually or using monitoring tools doing a http get request) that the server itself is alive. Plus, i often scan tthe default site with tools like hardenize, securityheaders.com ssllabs.com etc once the server is built but before deploying any other workloads on it to ensure I'm starting from as stable/updated/secure base as possible :)

2: Thanks for checking this, I'd not had time to look at the Debian, or
any of the RHEL-based, versions yet :)

--
You received this question notification because your team Ubuntu
Server/Client Support Team is an answer contact for apache2 in Ubuntu.