From: enterprise-ubuntu-bounces+longina=sdu.dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:enterprise-ubuntu-bounces+longina=sdu.dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Boleslaw Tokarski
Sent: 14. februar 2013 11:40
To: enterprise-ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Enterprise-ubuntu] Machine policies

Hello,

> On 02/12/2013 03:09 PM, Longina Przybyszewska wrote:
>> For joining computers to  AD we use a 'msktutil' .
>
> Wow! That's something new to me. We use samba3's tools but that works
> a little bit fishy and does not provide a system keytab. I will check
> this out and probably we will even switch to that. Thank you.

I would like to publicly and sincerely thank Ms Longina for this tip. It was an eye-opener for me and it was exactly the tool that we were missing from our setup.

In fact, I have been fighting with AD Kerberos for something like 1,5 year by now. And suddenly with this tool I finally managed to get Apache on Linux to authenticate clients with Kerberos in single-sign-on.
Brilliant. (Of course msktutil is not the only requirement for that to work, but we were missing exactly this tool to complete).

I think I am going to do next steps of integrating sshd with Kerberos.
Simply awesome.

Cheers,
Ballock