enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Hint: Centrify packages in Ubuntu Partner Repository could be broken

Hi all

If there are any users of Centrify using the official Repo from Canonical and have trouble with authentication under 12.04: Try the official packages from Centrify [1, registration required].

Since weeks I try to get Precise running with Centrify. I always get an login error except with a user having admin rights in the AD.
I escalated this to the Canonical support. They now confirmed that 'unfortunately,  the packages in the Ubuntu partner repo are far behind those available on the Centrify website'. Because of this they suggested to download the packages from the Centrify website.

I did a quick test in a virtual machine. Result: No Login issues with the downloaded version.

Canonical support is working on a path to get the packages updated.

Regards,
Michael

[1] http://www.centrify.com/express/free-active-directory-tools-for-linux-mac.asp#agents.