enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Alternate app for team viewer

Teamviewer has a Linux client. It's actually just wine but it works and is
officially supported.

I usually just use Google Hangouts since it's multiform. It has a remote
support feature now.

SimpleHelp is java based.

I don't know of any open source solutions that work easily over the
Internet. You can make vnc work over the internet over a tunnel or vpn but
it's very slow and hard to configure. NX is worth mentioning because it's
faster than vnc. It's much harder to set up though.

David