enterprise-ubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Active Directoy in Trusty UDS Session

Hi,

On 25/04/14 13:36, Niklas Andersson wrote:
> Hi Longina,
>
>  I am currently looking at this. I am working for a telco with 10K+
> Ubuntu users on 12.04 we want to move to 14.04 later this year. Ubuntu
> carries the latest realmd-packages (0.15.0), but I have run into some
> problems. From time to time the realmd-daemon stops during join, and
> as the realmd-binary is stripped from debugging information I do not
> get good stack traces.
>
>  It would be nice to have a realmd-dev package where the binary is not
> stripped from debugging info, making it suitable for debugging with gdb.
Have you tried installing the debug package?
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProgramCrash#Debug_Symbol_Packages

>  My current focus is to download the build-deps for the package, do
> the install and do further testing using that binary not stripped on
> debugging info.
>
>  It also looks like the PAM-integration in realmd on Ubuntu is not
> entirely there. It might be a configuration problem though with
> Kerberos and thus krb5.conf, but I am getting data with getent passwd
> my-login, but am still not able to login.
>
>  But we're getting there eventually :)

Currently we're using plain sssd on 14.04 with only slight changes
compared to 12.04 and are faring well so far.
I do realize that there are probably some new features and ways that we
should explore, but sticking to this allowed us to have 14.04 available
to our users on day one (and acutally before that as we were following
the beta with internal install builds).

Cheers

Thomas