epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #188754]: cannot view or support epoptes clients

Question #188754 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/188754

Jori Gel gave more information on the question:
>Also, do you have epoptes (not the client) installed in your chroot?
>sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 dpkg-query -W epoptes
>If yes, please uninstall it and run ltsp-update-image again.

--- begin
ltsp-chroot -pcd
apt-get purge epoptes
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen... Fertig
Paket epoptes ist nicht installiert, wird also auch nicht entfernt.
0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
--- end

if this is the correct way to uninstall -> I obviously didn't install it
in chroot . . . but that wasn't - as far as I remember - not mentioned
in Your instructions.

>Also note that it may be easier to find us in IRC for some real-time
troubleshooting. You can find a link for the IRC channel >in the Epoptes
Help menu.

We already used Your channel for short interventions,  so basically yes,
but for this problem a lot of stuff has to be written. So I would have
to put it in pastebin or equivalent anyhow -  not to stuff Your channel.
On top of that plenty of tests have to be made in between and I don't
want to get under pressure doing them being in a hurry. So I think for
this prob it is the better way, unless You insist in doing so.

I'll do the next tests tomorrow, because I've to get back to the office
to do them and its close to 11 pm. It's even Your time to stop as well,
isn't it? :)

thank You for now as always

piet

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.