epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #189742]: How to configure Epoptes in Edubuntu 12.04 to work with thin clients?

Question #189742 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/189742

Alkis Georgopoulos requested more information:
Hi Thomas,

Press Alt+F2 and type gnome-terminal, to open a console. This makes it easy to give us precise feedback, so that we see what is missing from your setup.
There, maximize the window, enter the following commands, and paste their whole output here.

dpkg-query -W ltsp-server epoptes epoptes-client
grep -v ^# /etc/default/epoptes*
grep server /etc/hosts
md5sum /etc/epoptes/server.crt /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/epoptes/server.crt
id -Gn

If you are using LTSP, you only need to give us the output of those commands as executed on the LTSP server.
If you are not using LTSP (or if you don't even know what that is), then you're supposed to have epoptes installed in one "server" PC, and epoptes-client installed in many "client" PCs. In that case we need you to give us the output of those commands on the "server" and on one of your "clients".

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.