epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #208472]: "an error occurred while connecting: 2"

Question #208472 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/208472

Alessio Comai gave more information on the question:
ok, a step forward...
the lacking directory is /run/epoptes
unfortunately I don't know how sockets are managed in ubuntu..
I verified that /run/epoptes exists when the SOCKET_GROUP in /etc/default/epoptes is a ubuntu group and doesn't when it's LDAP's.

maybe the application service starts before LDAP is loaded by likewise.

if i run
getent group epoptesadmin
note down GID
sudo edit /etc/group
add a row with
epoptesadmin:x:GID [faking the ldap group]

restart ubuntu

sudo delgroup epoptesadmin

then epoptes run properly with LDAP users too.
I don't know how to automate that procedure... or if some changes in epoptes could solve it.

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.