epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #205652]: Cannot broadcast to client that is authenticated via Likewise (AD)

Question #205652 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/205652

Alessio Comai posted a new comment:
Hi. I've the same trouble, but not only with ldap users.
If i start epoptes directly from the server all works fine, but if I start it from a thin client I've some issues sharing screen.
If I start all lab clients and i try to share desktop /Before/ logging in, some clients works, some shows the message reported from David.
if I change from "sharing fullscreen" to "sharing in window" I've the same issue, but not on the same clients. I'm not able to understand if there's a "rule" on which clients work or not, or if it's a random issue.
if i stop desktop sharing, the error message automatically disappears, f i restart it, the number of thin clients that are able to connect to the teacer's one is rapidly decreasing.

teachers that starts epoptes are all ldap users, if it could be
relevant.

if i run epoptes-client in "root terminal, locally" or "user terminal" it says
*epoptes-client connecting to server:789...
...done

the error is still there.

any suggestion?

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.