epoptes team mailing list archive

[Question #214001]: VNC traffic and NX / X2go

New question #214001 on Epoptes:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/214001

Hi All

I'm setting up a LTS and will have some clients connecting over the internet at times.
We'll be using x2go (thanks Alkis on my previous post) and hopefully epoptes (Thanks again Alkis).

Given that all our app's will be on the server  what happens if a teacher broadcasts from epoptes?
what happens to that VNC traffic?

Is it taken place between the various sessions on the server and being sent to the client as screen updates via the X2GO NX stack?

Or is the VNC traffic flying down the network direct to the X servers running on the clients?

In short: is the  X2go NX stack compressing the VNC traffic?

I ask because I have seen VNC broadcasts stop a 100mbps lan in it's tracks which doesn't bode well for any internet clients.

Any information or advice gratefully received.

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.