epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #222121]: failed to unmute sound in a fat client form server Epoptes

Question #222121 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/222121

Alkis Georgopoulos proposed the following answer:
Hi,

About (1), see this bug report we filed for alsa-mixer:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-utils/+bug/1026331
The next epoptes version will use a workaround, i.e.
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~epoptes/epoptes/trunk/revision/373/data/client-functions

About (2), it's usually a board/configuration/network module issue, not an epoptes-client issue.
In epoptes-client 0.5.6 we're running `ethtool -s eth0 wol g` in the clients. That helps in some cases, but not in all of them.
You may try adding our PPA to your sources (epoptes.org/installation) so that you get a newer epoptes-client version, and see if it fixes your problem, otherwise you'd need to file a bug report against your NIC module, not against epoptes-client.

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.