epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #222214]: installing epoptes in openSuse 12.2 without ltsp

Question #222214 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/222214

Alkis Georgopoulos proposed the following answer:
Hi,

sorry, no idea about OpenSUSE packaging, you'd have to use their bug
tracker for configuration issues.

But, from http://www.epoptes.org/installation:
> Then you need to tell epoptes-client to which server it should connect.
> By default, it will try to connect to the DNS name "server".
> If you don't have a DNS server, you can put that in /etc/hosts.

I.e. instead of using /etc/default/epoptes-client, put the following line in the clients' /etc/hosts:
1.2.3.4 server

Replace "1.2.3.4" with the epoptes-server IP, but don't change the hostname "server".
That way the clients will know the epoptes-server with the hostname "server" so they'll be able to connect to it without you modifying /etc/default/epoptes-client.

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.