epoptes team mailing list archive

[Question #232534]: How to disable "execute --> open command line --> root local, root remote, user local

New question #232534 on Epoptes:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/232534

Hi folks,
I have installed epoptes in our school. One pc is teacher pc, 20 pc's for the pupil (no ltsp!!!, every computer runs on his own).
Everything works fine.
However, I don't like the idea that every teacher (in group SOCKET_GROUP=TEACHERS) can execute arbitrary commands as user root on every pc in the classroom via "execute --> open command line --> root local. E.g. a teacher might call rm -R /* or su into another teachers account and do all kinds of things.
Is there a way to disable "execute --> *" on the server epoptes?
Best would be, if one can specifically allow it for some users and deny it for the rest of SOCKET_GROUP.
I assume one has to change the python source for this?
Can somebody help, please?
Thanks, Markus

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.