epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #235680]: Thin client not registering with epoptes

Question #235680 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/235680

Alkis Georgopoulos requested more information:
> When I boot the clients, I see all the thin clients but one prior to anyone logging in at a client.
> (e.g. ltsp21, ltsp50 appear but this particular client ltsp20 does not)

Hi,

put these under [Default] in lts.conf:
SCREEN_02=shell
SCREEN_07=ldm

On the server, open gnome-terminal, and run: epoptes
Boot ltsp20 (the client with the problem). Watch the epoptes GUI while the client boots, to see if you get any connected / immediately disconnected notifications.

When ltsp20 reaches the login screen, *don't* login.
Press Alt+Ctrl+F2 on ltsp20 to switch to a console. There, run: epoptes-client
...and then check if ltsp20 is now shown in the epoptes GUI.

Finally, attach here the output of both commands that you issued,
`epoptes` on the server, and `epoptes-client` on the client console.

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.