epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #246812]: No Thumbnail on XFCE Server/Client but getting it on gnome

Question #246812 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/246812

Fotis Tsamis proposed the following answer:
Hello Brian,

I downloaded an image of Xubuntu 13.10 and live booted it, to test with epoptes-client. Screenshots were working for me.
Are you running Epoptes 0.5.7 on the server? If no, could you please add our PPA (sudo add-apt-repository ppa:epoptes) to your sources and do an upgrade to 0.5.7? This is our stable PPA so it should only solve problems.

If you are on Epoptes 0.5.7 and you still can't see thumbnails from Xubuntu clients, please try running the following on a Xubuntu client:
/usr/share/epoptes-client/screenshot 100 100 | wc --bytes

If you get a number like 30012, it means the screenshot script works but
there is some problem transferring it to the server, and we'll need to
further check it.

Regards,
Fotis

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.