epoptes team mailing list archive

[Question #247725]: possibility to block internet on clients

New question #247725 on Epoptes:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/247725

Dear developers,

I gave Epoptes a short try and I am impressed so far!

In my situation at school it would be desirable to block the internet access of selected (or all) clients.  Are there any plans to implement such a function?

My idea was to launch the following commands on the client on which the internet shall be blocked:
sudo iptables -A OUTPUT -d 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A OUTPUT -j DROP
Then, afterwards, only the local network is accessible.

Cheers,
Oliver

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.