epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #647105]: cannot control cllient epoptes

Question #647105 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/647105

angel confirmed that the question is solved:
I runned epoptes on a terminal while the firewall was active. I also
added the rules to allow vnc going through the network. I also added the
port 789 and 5*** as recommended.  i've just assumed that since i could
see the client there were no need to change the status of the firewall.
Because of unknown reason the firewall still not allow the VNC connect
to the client:

****@****~$ epoptes
/usr/share/themes/Chrome-OS-android/gtk-2.0/Apps/mintmenu.rc:3: Imposible encontrar un archivo imagen en pixmap_path: «Panel/bc.png»
Got clients: 10.0.0.12:52358
---
**addClient's been called for 10.0.0.12:52358
  Continuing inside addClient...
* This client is a new one, creating an instance
* I am a user client, will add angel in my list
ssvncviewer -listen: Listening on port 40041  ipv4_fd: 4 ipv6_fd: 5
ssvncviewer -listen: Cmdline errors are not reported until a connection comes in.

Then i runned:

****@****~$sudo ufw disable
****@****~$epoptes
./usr/share/themes/Chrome-OS-android/gtk-2.0/Apps/mintmenu.rc:3: Imposible encontrar un archivo imagen en pixmap_path: «Panel/bc.png»
Got clients: 10.0.0.**:*****
---
**addClient's been called for 10.0.0.**:*****
  Continuing inside addClient...
* This client is a new one, creating an instance
* I am a user client, will add angel in my list
ssvncviewer -listen: Listening on port *****  ipv4_fd: 4 ipv6_fd: 5
ssvncviewer -listen: Cmdline errors are not reported until a connection comes in.

2017/07/10 12:51:53 select() start ...
2017/07/10 12:51:55 select() returned.

(LISTEN) Reverse VNC connection from IP: 10.0.0.**  2017/07/10 12:51:55
                               Hostname: unknown

ssvncviewer -listen: Listening on port *****
ssvncviewer -listen: Cmdline errors are not reported until a connection comes in.

2017/07/10 12:51:55 select() start ...

Proto: RFB 003.008

Connected to RFB server, using protocol version 3.8

SelectSecurityType:
  sec-type[0]    1  (rfbSecTypeNone)
Security-Type:   1  (rfbSecTypeNone)  Latency: 1.63 ms
No VNC authentication needed
VNC authentication succeeded (0) for rfbSecTypeNone (RFB 3.8)

Desktop name "a***o:0.0"

VNC server default format:
  32 bits per pixel.  Least significant byte first in each pixel.
  True colour: max red 255 green 255 blue 255, shift red 16 green 8 blue 0
Using default colormap which is TrueColor.  Pixel format:
  32 bits per pixel.  Least significant byte first in each pixel.
  True colour: max red 255 green 255 blue 255, shift red 16 green 8 blue 0
geometry: 1280x876+78+0 ycrop: 0
create_image()
try_create_image: shm image create fail: image == NULL
try_create_image: created *non-shm* image: 1280x1024
try_create_image: image->bytes_per_line: 5120

guessed: -compresslevel 1
guessed: -qualitylevel  9
enabling 'delay_sync' mode for faster local drawing,
disable via env SSVNC_DELAY_SYNC=0 if there are painting errors.

And finally i got epoptes get working
I am not sure but i guess i needt to allow the ports trough the firewall to get the firewall always enabled

--
You received this question notification because your team Epoptes
Developers is an answer contact for Epoptes.