Re: GPL and LGPL

This is an interesting discussion...

Two initial comments:

(i) The GPL does not force anyone to share their proprietary code, as
long as they don't distribute binaries of GPL code linked with their
proprietary code.

(ii) It would be difficult to force individual developers within
FEniCS to use a particular license (as long as the software is free).
Rob is using the LGPL for FIAT, Matt and Dmitry will use the PETSc
license for Sieve, and I prefer the GPL since I belive it is the
license that best promotes free software.

/Anders