RE: two questions

Anders:

 I had to adjust to the new build process of 0.5.11, but I got everything
wiggling again. This time I get a different convergence failure:

*** Error: Krylov solver did not converge. [KrylovSolver.cpp:104: solve()]

Remember, this is with a PETSc that does not use the Fortran BLAS libs, but
uses a downloaded c-blas-lapack. I haven't figured out what that actually
means, but it does seem to have a profound impact on the sw stack.

Let me rebuild with a PETSc that uses the Fortran BLAS and see what I get:
Arggggh, boogers, now I get the same error message with that version as
well..... so my comment above is not proven yet. I need to figure out what
all these messages imply and how to root cause them. Anyone have experience
with that?

Theo

P.S. I see that the build process is moving further away from what is
customary in the Windows world. I need to redo most of the build process
anyway to get it included in a .NET world, so I don't know yet if this is
problematic, but tricks like `dolfin-config --cflags` are just not very
Windows friendly, nor are lots of shell scripted conditionals or pre and
post build file moves like the "make install" target.

  I am a big fan of the jam/bjam cross platform build tools, mostly because
I think Perforce and BOOST are well done, and these tools are very light
weight and comprehend the windows world natively. Something that autoconf
just doesn't. So for now, I'll hold of judgment until I get more familiar
with the environment.