From: fenics-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fenics-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Anders Logg
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 5:20 AM
To: fenics-dev@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FEniCS-dev] FEniCS'06 post-mortem

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 11:26:50PM -0600, Andy Ray Terrel wrote:
> So people mentioned about the five minute attention span for building a
> system.  We did mention running a web service that might be able to
> help, such a feature is available through the Trilinos package but I
> haven't asked them how much it really is a bonus.

This would be good to have. For example, people could input an FFC
form and get the generated code in return. This is ideal for a web
service since we have a simple model for what comes in and what comes
out. The problem would be that the FFC form is Python code, so the web
service would execute arbitrary Python code that someone enters into
the web form. So there are security issues.

> Another idea I have seen in growing popularity is to manage a wiki.  It
> would allow people to put up how things work more and give others the
> opportunity to look for more information.  I have actually never managed
> one of these things so I don't know how much work it would be.

This would also be good to have, if someone is willing to maintain it.

/Anders