how to visualize 2d function as a 3d surface?

Hi,

In the dolfin user manual, there's this very nice picture of the solution of a 2d Poisson's equation. It shows the colored 3d surface (x, y, u(x,y)) with u(x,y) as the color. The manual says that the picture was produced using Mayavi. However, I couldnpt get such graph using either Mayavi or Paraview (Paraview seems easier to use than Mayavi). What I got was just the surface (x, y, 0) with u(x,y) as the color (therefore just a 2d surface). Could anyone tell me how to use Paraview or Mayavi to produce similar graph as the one in the dolfin user manual? Thank you very much!

Best,
Chong

雅虎邮箱,终生伙伴!
http://mail.yahoo.com.cn/