Re: Removing email addresses for projects

On Dec 20, 2007 9:55 PM, Johan Hoffman <jhoffman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No problem removing the addresses for me.
>
> /Johan
>
> > I have already blocked them from my mail, so I am for it.
> >
> >   Thanks,
> >
> >     Matt
> >
> > On Dec 20, 2007 2:18 PM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> There's an awful lot of spam coming in on the various email addresses
> >> on fenics.org (like fenics@xxxxxxxxxx, dolfin@xxxxxxxxxx etc) and the
> >> few times it's not spam, we usually reply and ask the sender to use the
> >> mailing list instead (like fenics-dev, dolfin-dev etc).
> >>
> >> Therefore, I suggest we just remove the foo@xxxxxxxxxx addresses for
> >> all projects (or rather direct them to /dev/null for technical
> >> reasons) and put up an appropriate notice on the web page.
> >>
> >> Comments/objections?

I have updated the mailaliases now such that mail to fenics, dolfin, puffin,
ferari, ffc, sieve goes stright into /dev/null

If you want me to fix other projects as well (ko, fiat, ufc, syfi, instant,
viper, meshbuilder, deb), please tell me; I don't know whether some of the
other aliases are used as ad-hoc maillists or not.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
--
[simula.research laboratory]
                Åsmund Ødegård