Re: download statistics

A few ideas:
I tried redefining some hooks to keep track of the number of initial clones, but that didn't work. So we have to use the apachelogs located in /var/log/apache2/www.fenics.org

A clone is indicated in the log file by cmd=changegroup&roots=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Any other value but a lot of zeros indicates a pull.

Using zgrep and the following command:
zgrep 'GET /hg/dolfin.*000000000000' fenics-access.log* | grep 2008 | wc -l

shows that the number of clones so far in 2008 is 8757. Grepping further for adresses within Simula/UiO (IP's starting with 129.240), shows that 7960 of those 8757 clones came from within, leaving the number of fresh clones from other IP's at 797. The reason for the high number of internal requests is due to the buildbot and the cronjob running every hour to create snapshots.

Note that checkouts using ssh are not part of these statistics, only using http.

Should we create a cronjob running a script the first day of every month collecting the statistics from the previous month?

ilmar