Re: Problem with PCHYPRESetType

On Thu 2008-12-04 20:40, Gildo de Almeida Leonel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run some demo from fenics but when I type python demo.py I
> received this error:
>
> ImportError: /usr/lib/libdolfin.so.0: undefined symbol: PCHYPRESetType

I'll take a wild guess: you didn't build PETSc --with-shared and
Dolfin's SCons configuration *still* doesn't use the full link line
provided by PETSc.  One solution is to edit the pkgconfig file so that
the `Libs:' reads exactly like what you get after

  $ cd $PETSC_DIR
  $ make getlinklibs

This will provide you with all the static libraries that are required.
Alternatively, you can just build PETSc with shared libs (probably a
good idea anyway on systems that support it since it will dramatically
reduce the size of binaries).

Jed