Re: Build time bugs in syfi and segfaults in dolfin

> > I am glad to know that the swig
> > dependency is >= 1.3.35. This would mean that the segmentation fault
> > problems is not because of swig but because of MPI. I do have both MPICH
> > and OPENMPI installed.
>
> > > It looks like something happens in some MPI code. DOLFIN is confirmed
> to work
> >
> > > with the OpenMPI that comes with the Ubuntu hardy/intrepid versions.

I am not sure I understand why compatibility would depend on the
implementation of MPI?
Isn't that the point of having a standard? I don't see any problems
switching them in PETSc.
Is there a real bug in an MPI impl here, or just a preference for OpenMPI?

  Thanks,

    Matt

lead.
-- Norbert Wiener