Re: Build time bugs in syfi and segfaults in dolfin -- Partially Fixed

Hi Balbir,

I am the maintainer of the FEniCS packages for Debian/Ubuntu. If you want
to build Debian packages for Lenny I will recommend you to use the Debian
control files in the pkg-scicomp Subversion repository [1]. If you want
and there is a demand for it I could easily add packages for Lenny to the
FEniCS repository.

The reason the DOLFIN package doesn't build depend on some implementation
of MPI is because it already depend on PETSc and PETSc again is built with
OpenMPI in Debian.

If you have any patches, please forward them to the pkg-scicomp mailing
list [2]. Please continue the discussion at deb-dev@xxxxxxxxxx.

[1] svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-scicomp/fenics/
[2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-scicomp-devel

Johannes