Re: [DOLFIN-dev] ImportError: No module named cpp

Aron Wahlberg wrote:
I have downloaded all modules from FEniCS this week and installed
everything. When trying to run some of the python demo-scripts, I get
an error message "ImportError: No module named cpp".
Any ideas of what is wrong?

Regards,
Aron

These are the version of the modules I have:

cln-1.2.2
dolfin-0.9.0
FErari-0.0.2
ffc-0.6.0
FIAT-0.3.4
ginac-1.4.4
instant-0.9.5
puffin-0.1.6
syfi-0.5.1
ufc-1.1
viper-0.4.2

Example of a run of a demo-script:

 > python fem/simple/python/demo.py
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ffc/compiler/language/index.py:9:
DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
 from sets import Set
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "fem/simple/python/demo.py", line 12, in <module>
   from dolfin import *
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dolfin/__init__.py",
line 16, in <module>
   from assemble import *
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dolfin/assemble.py",
line 25, in <module>
   import cpp
ImportError: No module named cpp

It may be unrelated, but I don't know if any of the FEniCS components have been tested with Python 2.6.

Garth