Dimension of function space too large for application to linear system

I have been trying to migrate my program from dolfin 0.8 to dolfin 0.9, and I got the following error:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  *** Error: Dimension of function space (34704920) too large for application to linear system (4934 rows).
[chong-desktop:06784] *** Process received signal ***

The code causing the problem is the following:
    // User defined assemble of residual vector
    void F(GenericVector& b, const GenericVector& x)
    {
      assemble(b, *L);
      bcDsp->apply(b, x);     // <- this is the part that cause the runtime_error
      bcOrt->apply(b, x);
    }
And it's part of  "class MyNonlinearProblem : public NonlinearProblem, public Parametrized".

As for bcDsp, it was created by the following code:
      SubSpace un(*V, 0, 0);
      SubSpace u12(un, 0);
      bcDsp = new DirichletBC(u12, uD, sub_domains, 5);

I checked the dimension of the FunctionSpace of bcDsp, and dim(u12) = 2178, which is finite, unlike what's shown in the runtime error message (34704920).

Could you help me indentify what might be causing the problem?

Thank you!

Follow ups