Re: Project summaries

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> At the FEniCS'09 workshop in June, we are planning to present a
> summary of the status of all the projects. I would therefore like to
> ask all projects to send a summary of the most important changes and
> milestones since last year, including any pretty pictures you would
> like to show.
>
> It would be helpful to get the following information:
>
>  * Project name

FIAT

>  * Project description (one-liner, like on web page)

FIAT automates the construction and tabulation of high-order finite bases on
simplicial domains

>  * Project members/contributors

Robert Kirby
Marie Rognes

>  * Important milestones/results

Integration of H(div) & H(curl) elements with FFC
New recurrence relations for orthogonal bases that support automatic
differentiation
Experimentation with symbolic techniques via sympy
Experimental version that supports arbitrary reference cell
geometry/topology

>  * Current activities (if any :-)

I'll call them future goals given that my plate is full

>  * Future goals (if any :-)

Incorporate experimental milestones in a release (the interface will change,
requiring coordination with form compilers)
Include generalized transformations to provide for some more unusual
elements.

I think it's still June 5 in Oslo :)

Rob