Re: [HG FEniCS-dev] Add new script fenics-release for making releases and make installable.

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 07:07:12PM +0200, FEniCS wrote:
> One or more new changesets pushed to the primary fenics-dev repository.
> A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.
>
> changeset:   8:4841585b51cf
> tag:         tip
> user:        Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>
> date:        Fri Oct 09 19:07:07 2009 +0200
> files:       scripts/fenics-release setup.py
> Add new script fenics-release for making releases and make installable.

I've made an attempt to create a common release script for FEniCS
packages. Each package will require a small configuration file. Here's
the config file for DOLFIN:

  PACKAGE="dolfin"
  FILES="ChangeLog SConstruct dolfin/scons.cfg site-packages/dolfin/__init__.py"

  post-release()
  {
      echo "Remember to update Freshmeat page!"
      firefox http://freshmeat.net/projects/dolfin/
  }

To simplify, I've flattened the download directory structure (so far
only for DOLFIN):

  http://www.fenics.org/pub/software/dolfin/

If this works, we can remove all package-specific release
scripts.

The script is in the fenics-dev package:

  http://www.fenics.org/dev/fenics-dev

This also contains the common manual template. We could also consider
putting more common stuff in here.